We are excited to announce our events coming up in May here at the Hope Bristol:
Indonesian Tapas Week – 18 May to 23 May
Angela and I first crossed paths a few months ago and the main thing that stayed in my memory was her exuberance.
She came to the Hope for a couple of drinks and we got talking. She mentioned she had been a guest chef at a couple of other Bristol venues. Always interested in trying new ideas I asked her if she would like to do a week at mine.
A bit of planning later we had conjured up a time for it and she told me it would be Indonesian tapas! I’ve never tried anything like that before and am really excited about seeing what she’ll produce :). Check out the menu below for some idea of what is to come.
It starts Monday 18th May and runs to the Saturday. Reservations are advised.
INDONESIAN TAPAS WEEK MENU:
- Thai prawn crackers – £2
- Wontons (pork and prawn) x6 – £5
- Wontons (mixed mushroom) x6 – £5
- King prawn or chicken satay – £6
- Vegetable spring rolls x4 – £5
- Minced duck in banana leaves x2 – £7
- Tempura vegetables – £5
- Cabbage, beansprout, cucumber, spring onion, toasted peanut salad with lime, mint & coconut dressing – £6
- Tofu, pineapple & asparagus curry – £6
- Green Thai chicken – £6
- Beef redang – £6
- Stuffed roast pork Indonesian style – £7
- Pad Thai noodles with vegetables – £6
- Pad Thai noodles with prawns – £8
- Nasi goreng (spicy fried rice) – £5
- Fragrant rice – £2
- Banana fritters with caramel & orange sauce with vanilla ice cream
- Mandarin & Grand Marnier mouse topped with fresh mangos
- Mango & lemon sorbet with raspberry coulis
- Trio medley to share – £8
Party like it’s 1985 – 21 May – from 8.00pm
The same week as our guest chef is coming in we’re also happy to host a 1985 night! It’s a charity event in aid of Alzheimers Society where guests will be thrown back to the mid-80s.
Bring on the hair, shoulder pads and dance moves! Party like it’s 1985!
If you are planning to come to this and are a group, please contact us with the number of people in advance and by Monday 18th May.
Planning your own event?
One of the great aspects of being independent is our absolute flexibility. Anyone can come to us with a request for an event and, if physically possible, we will do everything to make it happen. From Pirate themed birthdays and 1980’s parties to 7-course fine dining night or cheese and ale pairing.
The most important thing to remember is that this is a community pub which means its ours together and we love bringing people together to have a good time.